Tuesday 1 May 2007

Nokia N95

I had the opportunity to play with Nokia N95 for a while before deciding whether I would want to keep it for 12 months. In the end, I have decided to return the phone and cancel the contract only after three days. Well, I will tell you why.


First impression of the phone was really good. It has everything that I want, GPS, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, great camera and an mp3 player. Everything was alright until I had it for a day.


The good news:


(1)The camera is superb. I can take good pictures and also good video clips;


(2)Bluetooth is smooth and no drop calls when I paired it with my bluetooth headset;


(3)The integrated mp3 player is fantastic, thanks to the big 160MB internal memory and with the ability to store more memory via an external memory card;


(4)The OS is unbelievable! The menu is so much faster than my Nokia E50 and also the N80 previously;


(5)Can watch movies, video clips and also fully integrated browser on the phone;


(6)Connectivity through Wi-Fi is marvellous. I had the opportunity to get connections even three doors away from my house!!!



Now, for the bad points about the N95


(1) Poor battery life - I have to recharge the phone after four hours!!! (That was where I started playing with the phone heavily). After that, had another charge and it lasted for one day only...


(2) GPS is on subscription based although it is paid for. Well, it is not paid for life but for the initial three years. I would have to pay after the three years. I was told that it will cost me €69.99 for a three years subscription. Well, don't you think that it is much better to get an O2 XDA Orbit instead?


Well, you can complain that the XDA Orbit does not have a qwerty keyboard. Neverthelss, you would not need to pay for GPS subscriptions and the best part is that the GPS software is free! It cost £99.99 for the company though. That is a good one. Besides that, the battery life on the XDA Orbit is so much better than the N95. I have managed to get three standby days without switching the phone off at night. That is a good one, don't you think so? You decide.

No comments: