Wednesday 31 October 2007

Sony Vaio update

I have no joy with Sony. I am rather confused of what they are doing. Apparently, if you have ordered anything through the web on Sony Style, they do not operate the same as going to a Sony Style store. I can understand that but to say that I have nothing to do with caling Sony Style is rubbish.


I have always been given the impression that Sony is quick to solve any problems with regard to any product marketted under Sony. Well, I can say that it was alright in the beginning but not towards the end of last week. I had to pay for a 0845 call which cost me 35p a minute and I have not been able to receive what they have promised to send it to me. I feel quite left out actually.


Worst of all, they tried to shift the blame onto other parties. They do not have the particular drivers and yet they blame it on other parties. Why not they blame it on themselves? It was their fault for not posting preinstalled drivers onto their website; it was their fault that I have not received any recovery DVDs and it was their fault for not providing any xp drivers as Windows Vista Premium is not stable at all!


Do you know what was their response? Wait until Microsoft come up with the Service Pack 1 for Vista next year and everything will be alright. Is that a proper answer? They should provide customers with the choice of either Vista or simply just XP, just like Dell. I should have stayed with Dell. Furthermore, Sony have disabled Virtualisation (VT) on their laptops! That is a disgrace! It would mean that I would not be able to use the techonology even though the Intel chip provides for it. How clever is Sony? They do not give customer everything that they should be giving. That is bad man.


If you want to buy a Sony laptop, just think twice.

No comments: