Monday 31 December 2007

Comparison between Dell and Sony laptops

After looking and testing through a few laptops loan to me for the past few months, I have come to a conclusion that it will be better off buying a Dell laptop rather than a Sony. I am saying this from my own opinion gathered after playing with them for some time.I will tell you why.


Why Sony?


New Sony laptops are generally lighter than Dell and they looked much more attractive than Dell (although you can say that Dell offers XPS range which is very light too but the uppder hand of portability belongs to Sony).


On the other hand, Sony VAIOs are equipped with x-black screens which has a significant impact on the way how we see things. The screen is crisp and clear. Some model supports Full HD too.


Apart from the above, Sony would include very good hard drive on their VAIO range. It would also include wireless n technology which is an option for Dell at the moment.


Good customer support


Why not Sony?


I don't like Sony because they will restrict customer to downgrade their machine. For example, they would not provide xp drivers for all VAIO machines across the board! They would not do so simply because it will cost them money to develop the software for customers to install them. Hey, not everyone likes Vista. I don't like Vista as it is so resource hungry! I would like to downgrade Vista to XP but I could not because Sony does not have xp drivers for my model.


Why Dell?


Good price and customers have a lots of option to choose from. Great job!


Excellent screen display (Trubright screens)


Excellent flexibility in downgrading or upgrading softwares including OS as they have an extensive database for customers to do so and it is widely available through the internet.


Excellent customer service.


Why not Dell?


Cheap but look at the specification first.


Their laptops are generally heavy.


Conclusion
Go for Dell people. Trust me on this.

No comments: