Sunday 9 December 2007

Unsupportive Colleague

I am so disgusted about the behaviour of one of my colleagues. His name is Larry and I am definitely not going to give in to him. The summary of the case is simple. He was given a task by the manager to complete within a specific time. He knows that what he is about to do is really tough and he said nothing. After all, we need to obey what our managers are asking us to do, right? In that case we work as a team and not an individual player.


Well, just as I was about to embark on my work, I got a call from the manager and he asked me to exchange job with Larry because Larry is not feeling well at the moment. Besides that, I do have more experience in doing Larry's work. Until they (the managers) can train someone to do Larry's work, I am the best person to do it.


I don't get it man. I am so used to do my own work. What is the problem with Larry? I've got to know that he was really unhappy because he was assigned to do a piece of work which requires a lot of dedication and focus. He does not like to do such a work so he tried to swap with me. Now he could not do it because he would know that I will not abide to his story. He is clearly fit and able to do the job but instead he gave silly excuses. Oh... the manager gave in and who is the sucker? Me!!!


Never mind, I thought, because I am still new and I should be learning every little thing that I can find. That is fine but I am not too sure of why Larry had to ask the manager's permission to exchange his job role with me and not with other person? Moreover, he asked to be moved from his present position only after half way through his work? That was really strange.


I was thinking that since I need to learn more about my new job, I will do what as the manager has asked me to do. Fine. When it was time for us to go home, he came around and said that I still have plenty of things to do and I should speed up. furthermore he was laughing that I could not finish my work on time! Cheeky devil!


I took his expression with a pinch of salt. I did not say anything but just smiled. He said that since he has finished his work, he will be heading home. I said fine.


Later on, I asked the manager and guess what he told me? Larry did not finish his work but since he is unwell, he would have to go home. Ha! I rest my case! I don't think he is unwell because if not, he could have first, offer his help, second, console me due to the work that was piling up for me. He offered no help at all but took the mick out of me! That is not a good way to show team spirit, isn't it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.

ぜるもう said...

Sorry but I don't understand your language.