Thursday 10 January 2008

Barclays Chairman

I am really shocked to hear that someone managed to get hold of Barclays Chairman Marcus Agius's information and managed to get away with £10,000 in a Barclays Bank branch in London imposing as the group's chairman. I don't get it. Surely the clerk will be able to carry out some identity checks, right?


I mean, for starters, a person who wants to draw out £10,000 will first have to produce his or her passports and also full driving licence. After that, the person would have to sign on the withdrawal form. Oh my... I don't think the person who imposed as Barclays chairman would manage to produce his passport, right? That is so rediculous. £10,000 is lost and I guess the person who authorised such a withdrawal would be in hot soup then. What a shame. This is another blow to Barclays Bank... What a shame.

No comments: