Monday 24 March 2008

Finally... with Windows XP Pro

I have almost lost confidence in Windows XP and thinking of switching back to Vista Home Premium or Ultimate. However, I do not want to change just because of the problems that I am facing lately. Indeed, I do have malware pop ups even though I have Norton 360 and also Lavasoft's Ad-aware to help me, I have never lost total confidence in Windows XP. Someone was trying to ask me to fix the Active X registry and I have tried it but it does not work. The same problem occured as before.


Later on, I tried to format the hard drive for the last time using full format instead of a quick format (Full format will take a longer time depending on your system. On my system, a hard drive of 500GB took around 30 minutes to finish formatting).Use full format instead of quick format will provide you with a better solution to solve most of the weird encounter from your pc previously.


I then reinstalled Windows XP without connected to the internet. The installation only took about 15 minutes and then I installed AVG Internet Security 7.5 and also Zone Alarm firewall. I was told by an expert that it will be wise for me not to install more than one antivirus programme as it will do harm than good due to compatibility issues with two antivirus products. Alright, that is why I only have one antivirus programme and also one firewall programme. I think it will be sufficient.


I did not initiate windows update manually because I want to allow the system to install windows update by itself this time. I think by doing so, my plan worked. I have no encunter of any malware pop ups anymore. It is not that my antivirus or internet security software is not work but rather, it solves all the conflicting issues regarding two products which have the same function.


I then had to perform windows update as asked by the pc to do so. Right now, the pc is running smoothly. That is what I was looking for. Thank God for it!

No comments: