Friday 28 March 2008

Sony Ericsson W910i

I have been told that the Sony Ericsson W910i is a good phone to use. Personally I don't like Sony Ericsson and I don't use their phones. However, it seems that lately, their phone prices have been dropping like crazy and it is really affordable to buy one to use. One good example will be the Sony Ericsson K800i. A brand new unit from Vodafone PAYT only cost £80! That is good. You can just ask them to unlock for you just for a small fee and walah! The good thing is that I managed to debrand the K800i and update the firmware after two hours! I love it!


When it comes to the W910i, I am not sure about it though. The handset is still priced in the region of £180 (O2 and Vodafone) and it is locked. I have read through many forums and it seems that the firmware is not that brilliant though. I really hope that the W910i which I am going to have a look will be alright. It is really hard to tell but it is all down to luck, I guess.


The W910i is sleek and it comes with three colours (red, black and havana gold). It is equipped with a 2MP ditial camera without autofocus! You can only record video at 15fps (far away from the 30fps from my Nokia E90). It supports GSM quad band and UTMS 2100. What I like about this phone is that it is light (86g). It supports 256k colours on a 2.4inch 240x320 screen. Well, it is not too bad but the FOMA SH905i is much much better but it is only being sold in Japan. You can buy one from ebay but you do run the risk of a malfunction unit if you do not know how to unlock the FOMA SH905i. The W910i supports HSDPA which is around 3.5G if your mobile provider supports. That is good, actually. Anyway, good luck!


To me, I think the SE W910i is quite a piece to buy since the price have dropped tremendously. Initially it was priced around £250 and only it is available on PAYT at around £180! Good enough!!!

No comments: