Thursday 6 March 2008

Windows Vista Problem

I have been using Windows Vista since it was launched more than a year ago. In fact, I was one of those people who got the opportunity to buy it and install it a week before it was officially launched. Anyway, just want you to know that after one year of testing, I might be moving back to Windows XP Pro. I like all the GUI features of the Vista Home Premium but there are certain issues which are bugging me.


(1) Software compatibility issues - I have tried using Norton 360 and on many occasion, the programe will just hang and then I would have to restart the whole programe again. I have not seen such a problem while using Windows XP;


(2) Start up and Shut down time is not really faster than XP;


(3) Even with Windows Vista SP1, the system still hangs occasionally and I have to restart the computer before I can use it again;


(4) Games are not optimised for Vista; and


(5) System slow down because Vista uses more resources than XP.


Enough has been said and I just feel that Windows XP is still much better than Vista. I will have no regret in jumping back to the XP wagon again. Windows XP here I come! Furthermore, with Windows XP SP3 around the corner, I will have no problem in doing my work with it.

No comments: