Monday 20 July 2009

IE8 on Vista

I have to say that I am pretty annoyed with Microsoft because the IE 8 on my laptop kept on crashing! Well, before I begin, my laptop runs on Vista (pre-installed) and it is equipped with 4GB of memory. It is pretty decent but IE 8 kept playing up. I have sinced uninstalled IE 8 and went back to IE 7. However, it was not long before IE 7 is playing up again! I have no choice but to use Chrome.


Chrome is fast and simple which I have no problem in using it. In fact, it does the job I want and surely it is suitable for many people too. The problem is that Vista will not allow user to uninstall IE because it is part of the OS. I would really appreciate if someone were to be kind enough to teach me how to uninstall IE 7 without losing any data on the VIsta OS. Cheers for that.


Update: 20/07/2009 - After doing some research on the internet, I have finally solved the IE 8 crashing problem. It is relatively simple - If your IE browser keeps on crashing, what you need to do is to start up IE, then go to Tools - Internet Options - Advanced - Under Internet Explorer Settings, click on the 'reset' switch. After that, you need to reboot your computer and it will be fine. Finally!

No comments: