Wednesday 20 January 2010

Nokia, Release an Updated Firmware on the E72 PLEASE!!!

When I took up the Nokia E72, I have no doubt that it will serve me well. I'm not disappointed with the functionality of the device. It has served me well. I can use my laptop to send and receive text messages through bluetooth without the need to use the E72 to write a text message. It will definately saved me lots of valuable minutes in trying to use the keypad to type a message.

In doing so, I'm also putting less stress on the mobile device and the keypad will last longer. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the E72. It is definately a good upgrade from the award winning E71 from more than one year ago.

However, having said that, I think a midrange mobile phone must have at least a 3.2MP digital camera with autofocus and LED flash. Without these specifications, I think it will be better not to have a midrange mobile phone at all.

I like everything the E72 has, saved for one problem - firmware updates!!!

What is going on with Nokia? Apparently there's an unofficial firmware update to the E72 (v22.007) but it is only available through Nokia Software Updater and not through FOTA. Until now, I still could not update my existing v21 firmware as I was told that there's no newer firmware at the moment. I really do hope that Nokia will quickly release an updated firmware to the Nokia E72. I don't see the problem in Nokia releasing the updated firmware ASAP. If they could release two firmware updates for the Nokia N900, what about the E72 then?

The only annoying thing about the E72 is in regard to the intergration of Microsoft Exchange onto the E72. I could not uninstall the software and reinstall the software. Nokia should be doing something much better than that because while I can  read all my e-mails through my E71, I could not do so on the E72... This is pretty strange...

No comments: