Tuesday 23 March 2010

Browser Choice

I have come to know that Microsoft had agreed with the Competition Commissioner Neelie Kroes before she stepped down from power to offer better choices for consumers particularly in the selection of browser usage.

With the browser choice which will appear on every Windows user's screen after updating their Windows, it let me to believe that Microsoft's dominance have finally disappeared. Well, not really.

I do believe that giving consumer more choices will be a good thing. However, it is also bad in a way that it will not promote the idea of brand loyalty. I have to say that there are many good things about using Microsoft's Internet Browser 8 (IE 8) as it has more security features. However, being the forefront of the browser dominance, IE 8 has lost its crown finally to the other browser.

I don't really like to use IE 8 as it is slow!!! I wish Microsoft will make its IE browser faster to execute. One more thing though - The IE 8 could not get passed the Acid Test 3!!! Can someone please fix it?

At the moment, it seems that Firefox 3.6 is gaining ground, same to the other browsers like Google's Chrome 4.0 and also the Opera 10. I think Google's Chrome will have a bigger market share as Firefox 3.6 seems to be getting slower to execute...

No comments: