Saturday 17 April 2010

Nokia Rules!!!

I was in a youth hostel recently and I was told that there is wireless internet available to the public. In front of me were two girls trying to get their Apple Iphones connected to the internet. They were complaining that they could not log on to the internet despite the correct password.

Well, I don't think there will be any problems for my N900 to get connected to the local wi-fi. Indeed, the device got hooked up to the local wi-fi and I was surfing the internet within seconds. Poor girls...They still could not log on to the internet! I did suggest to the hostel administrator to change the router settings to support wireless b and g only. I was then told that the router supports wireless b,g and n 2.0!!! Those two girls were surprised that their devices could not log on to the wireless when other people could...

Anyway, the N900 is like a netbook to me right now. I think with a little bit of tweaking, it could be a netbook replacement! At this moment, Nokia needs to fix the Microsoft Exchange problem. Apart from that, I have no criticisms about the device though. Perhaps Nokia might want to enhance the N900 by allowing users to save their messages to be sent in the future.

In a nutshell, without the N900, I would have screamed!!! No computers!!! Luckily the N900 supports Adobe Flash. Excellent!

No comments: