Monday 10 May 2010

Netgear WNR2000

If you have made a purchase for a Netgear WRN2000 and have encountered lots of problem, don't despair as I have some solutions for you. The reason why am I saying this is because I bought one for myself when my old Netgear 824 wireless router died. I got a bargain at Currys when it was selling at a price of £40.

Installation was quite easy but it was really hard to get any LAN or wireless working. I am saying this is because it took me a few days to get used to the wireless router's system before I finally found the answer to the many problems which I have encountered. I am going to list down some of the problems and I will let you know how to solve them...

Problems:
(1) No wireless signal
(2) No LAN signal

Solution:
First of all, you would need to ensure that you set the wireless router to 54Mbps and not 300Mbps. The second thing which you need to do is to ensure that the QoS is enabled. Thirdly, you would have to ensure that your place your wireless router away from metal objects and magnets. You might also want to change the firmware from the latest to 1.1.3.7. It works for me though...

Good luck!

No comments: