Thursday 29 July 2010

Google Nexus One - Keyboard

I am not a big fan of the keyboard on the Google Nexus One. I am saying this is because I always get wrong keys pressed! I have tried to improve on my skills but it is nothing compared to the sheer joy that I had when I was using the Nokia E72 or the Nokia N900. I am just quite dissapointed with the fact that the keyboard speed is not as fast as it could have been.

Google/ HTC could help use out here in the following updates (presumably Gingerbread 3.0) that they will improve on the sensitivity and the accuracy of the touchscreen. The keyboard is rather small and it is highly likely that wrong letters will be pressed. I am hoping that they will improve on the size of each tile. If they could improve on the HTC Hero, I would not see any reason why they could not do so for the Nexus One.

At this moment, I need to press harder on the screen for it to register a key being pressed correctly. Sometimes I do get quite upset with the fact that the screen is not as responsive as it could have been. Quite disappointed with it though.

In the mean time, we will have to wait for the updates then.

Update: 04/08/2010 - I am pretty fed up with the inaccurate keys being pressed on the keyboard. It is quite frustrating especially during the early hours in the morning when I need to get through to my e-mails. I don't see that the Google Nexus One is the appropriate mobile device for me at the moment. I would rather stick with my Nokia E72 instead.

No comments: