Tuesday 19 October 2010

Hurray! We have Greenpois0n and Limera1n!

If you are thinking of jailbreaking your Iphone, you are in luck. I am quite excited as I have tried both Greenpois0n and Limera1n and found out that there are both advantages and disadvantages about using the both of them.

Let's start off with Greenpois0n, shall we?

Greenpois0n, as you know, was developed by the Chronic Dev Team. They had to pull their earlier release when GeoHotz released his Limera1n the day before Greenpois0n was supposed to release their jailbreaking software. At this moment, Greenpois0n is compatible with Linux, Mac and also Windows. You do need to understant that while Greenpois0n is compatible with Windows XP, it does not necessarily compatible with Windows 7 as I have tried. Whenever I tried to run Greenpois0n on a Windows 7 equipped pc, the software will just crash even though I have made it compatible with Windows XP (Service Pack 2,3) and made it run as administrator.

If you can overcome that shortcoming, you will be fine as the instruction to jailbreak your device is quite simple.

Let's move on to Limera1n, shall we?

As for Limera1n, I have not come across any problems when I tried to run it under Windows 7. The only thing which I need to do is to run it as an administrator, that is all. It is quite efficient though.

Folks, bear in mind that if you are thinking of using either Greenpois0n or Limera1n, it is best to first use Tinyumbrella to SHSH your device before restoring your device. If not, you are looking at an upgraded baseband and you will not be able to jailbreak your device, let alone unlocking it. I have found Dev Team and Tinyumbrella's website to hold vital tutorials in jailbreaking your devices successfully.

Good luck!

No comments: