Tuesday, 25 November 2008

Lower Fuel Prices

I can appreciate what the government is doing by cutting fuel prices. This is a good move because it will eventually cut down on consumer’s expenses. When fuel prices went up to around RM 2.60 a litre, a full tank for a typical Wira 1.5GLi would cost around RM100.


However, when the government reduce fuel charges particularly petrol price to RM2 a litre, It did save consumers a lot of money. Just think about it. I am pretty certain that people will be really happy with it especially road users like drivers. What about for those people who does not drive? Do you think that they will benefit from the decrease of fuel prices? Think twice before answering it.


For those people who do not drive, they do not need to pump petrol or diesel. What they are looking at is a reduction in food beverages that they are paying. It is really sad to know that while prices will increase when fuel prices have increased, there will be no going backwards when fuel prices go down. This is pretty sad because right now, it seems that it will only benefit business people but they are not willing to pass on the benefit to consumers. In the end, consumers will have to pay more for what it should be less than present.


What do you think about it? Correct me if I am wrong. I don’t see that consumers are going to benefit a lot from lowering fuel prices especially consumers who does not drive.

No comments: