Monday 2 April 2007

BEYOND

Have you heard about the band called BEYOND? It was a band formed by two brothers with their two friends back in the 1980s. I think some of you would have known about them. I do remember the group. It was a massive group and I loved their songs. They do have songs like 'Amani', ‘真的爱你’,‘海阔天空’,‘喜欢你’ and many many more. Oh, I do really love those songs.


To think about it, I was still in my primary school when they were made famous. I do remember that I sang two songs from that group on the last day of my UPSR day. Oh, it was excellent. It brought me back to many memories which I do really cherish. I can remember the reason why I had to sing even though I sounded crappy in singing Cantonese songs.


Nevertheless, I managed to sing two songs which turned out to be a blessing in disguise. My song was directed to one girl and after that day, I was approached by that girl and everything else was history. I was in cloud nine. That was great!


Coming back to the group BEYOND, it was such a misfortune for them. They lost a key member of the band in 1994 where the said band member died while performing in a recording studio which was held in Japan. I really miss their songs.


Even though they have lost their key member, they continued to write songs and lyrics in memory of their fallen band member. The first production after Ka Kui's death was '二楼后座' and I could see that they are still really close as a team and the bond was terrific! It was really good to see such a united band. Well, I could not say that all other bands are not united. It was just that I am impressed with their unity.


Anyway, the trio was said to have parted their ways two years ago. There goes BEYOND. It was the end of an era which we saw glorious days of the band of over two decades. 黄家驹,安息吧。我们永远都会记起你的歌。


For more information, get on to here and check it out.

No comments: