Tuesday 13 November 2007

Higher alcohol tax - Will it work?

If you noticed, the Torries were really pushing the limit. I think they want to win more support from the public. I have nothing against them because they are just politicians. They talk a lot. That is their job.


Now, they are proposing to increase alcohol taxes to curb binge drinking. I wonder whether it will work.Raising alcohol taxes will not guarantee a reduction in binge drinking. I think the government should impose stricter law as in binge drinking. One good move would be to do a U turn on 24 hours drinking law. I think that is bad for the society. Just imagine drinking alcohol 24 hours a day!!! That is bad!!! I think the government should do away with the law.


Raising tax on alcohol is not the solution. I don't think I will support David Cameron in this issue. I don't drink for a start but I don't support him. People can still buy alcohol from supermarkets and drink at home instead drinking in pubs. It will have a knock on effect on pub goers. That will be bad for the economy too. Think about it. I don't think that it will work...

No comments: