Wednesday 13 February 2008

Never use 3 UK

I am really fed up with 3 UK. First of all, I was quite impressed with their offer for a usb broadband at £10 per month. I was really happy and I sign up a contract when I was in another town which is about 70 miles away from where I live. I took out the contract after promises were given to me by the sales advisor that I will be able to cancel my contract within three days of taking up the contract if I am not happy with the service. I said alright and I took up the contract. The sales advisor knows that I am from another town. I have confirmation from him that I do not need to go back to him if I want to cancel the contract within three days.


Well, I went home and started installing the usb modem. After much frustration, I could not get the usb modem to work. I called customer service and they could not find any problems in getting the usb modem connected. I gave them the error number but they could not help me. I then decided that I need to return the usb modem and cancel the contract since I could not make use of it.


I was shocked to hear that I could not cancel the contract from where I am from. Instead, I need to travel 70 miles back to where I took the contract and disconnect the line. I have tried to call customer service since all other matters have been diverted to customer service and nothing besides taking up a contract with 3 UK in the shop. Those people who are working in 3 UK shop are helpless because they could not do anything for me. What a pity.


It is so inconvenient to me because I have to make a special trip back to the place where I took up the contract tomorrow. I don't feel good about it. Is this the way to treat a customer? What I don't like about calling customer service is that some of them don't even know how to speak proper English! Worst of all, they do not know whether Bristol or Bath is in UK or Ireland!!! Oh yes, they know where London is but not Bath!


Anyway, to cut the story short, I was really annoyed with 3 customer service. Since I only have three days of grace period if I want to return the good ( I don't think 3 days is reasonable for someone to return the good. It should have been a week or 14 days). I will have to make a trip back the shop where I took up the contract tomorrow or else I will have to make use of a product which does not serve its purpose!


Yesterday, I went to Vodafone and took up their broadband service. Guess what? It was connected instantly when I switch on the computer! That was really good! What is 3 doing? They offer bad customer service and please people, don't take up a contract with 3 UK. Trust me in this. There are many terms and conditions which are designed to stop people from disconnection even though it is a genuine case. Believe me, don't go to 3 UK.

No comments: