Tuesday 12 February 2008

Gigabyte Motherboard

I was working on building a brand new pc and guess what? I was not pretty impressed with how Gigabyte worked with their new design of Quad Core motherboard. I got my hands on a Gigabyte P35 motherboard which supports a single PCI-E Socket 775. It also allows me to use up to 12 usb2 ports.


I am sure that you can looked up on the internet for the specific motherboard specification but I am truly impressed. I feel that Gigabyte is trying to increase their customer base and I think that it is a good idea. They only use durable capacitors for their new motherboards and it is also highly overclockable. I feel that it is a good piece of equipment! That is marvellous!


Oh well, besides the Intel Quad Core, you can install 45nm Intel Quad Core on it and also up to 8GB of ddr2-1066 memory. It has a gigabit LAN switch and comes with 7.1 channel high definition audio. For just under £86, I think it is worth buying it. However, I do have one suggestion. If you do plan to install Windows Vista on it, make sure you install Windows XP prior to installing Windows Vista just in case it has problems with its SATA driver. Good luck!


Update: 13/02/2008


I found out that the motherboard needs a BIOS update as it was only F7 where else it is now already at F11. Oh well, everything is running at peak performance right now and I am quite happy with it.

No comments: