Tuesday 26 August 2008

Nvidia's problem

It seems that Nvidia is having a bit of a problem now. They have just released a statement stating that they have forked out a one off US$ 200 million in repairing or replacing faulty notebook graphics card. Well, as we know, Nvidia has been the front runner in providing notebooks with quality graphics card. With many notebooks are affected, I am not sure how much are they going to spend in replacing all of the faulty ones.


I think Nvidia should have a close eye on the production line instead of coming out with better models of graphics card all the time. I think now days people will be aiming for ATI graphics card instead of Nvidia. Personally, I am still using Nvidia's 8600GT with 512MB of memory graphics card. Well, I like it because it is a silent graphics card without any fan on it. Guys, 0db! How does it being cooled? Good question.. It is cooled by a patended Silent II cooler by Gigabyte. It is pretty good though for less than £60.


We have the mighty 8800 series up to 280 GTX but they consume a lot of power. I think a silent graphics card will do the job. Besides, it is a 8600GT anyway.. Should have bought a Silent 9600GT from Gigabyte. I don't know whether they have 8800GTS with passive cooling system. I Will try and see. Anyway, right now, the 8600GT is sufficient.

No comments: