Sunday 6 September 2009

Netbook rules all

Netbook sales are growing at a faster pace than full sized notebooks. I do believe that this is possible due to the lower pricing of netbooks. As I have mentioned before, netbooks come with much lower specification than a full sized notebook.


A typical netbook will contain an Intel Atom N270/N280 with 1GB of memory and graphics will be powered by an integrated Intel 500 GPU. The good thing is that a netbook will come with 3x usb 2.0 ports, bluetooth, wi-fi, 92% full sized keyboard, a webcam and most of all, a 10" screen. The strongest selling point of a netbook will be the size of the machine. Weighing in at around 1.1kg, it is light to carry around. Couple with a 160GB hard drive, it is suitable for general storage.


I do see many people especially the chinese carrying a netbook around. They do get free wi-fi in many places especially in McDonalds. Personally, I do not like netbooks due to the size of the keyboard. However, many people will disagree with me as they are quite comfortable with it. I do think that a 10" screen is just too small to do perform any multimedia tasks.

No comments: