Thursday 4 March 2010

Skype on Symbian Devices

I think Skype is rather slow in implementing their desktop popular applet - Skype on Nokia powered Symbian devices. Nevertheless, it is better be late than never! Until now, many people, including myself, would download third party applets like Fring and Nimbuzz. Both applications include many other chat programmes like icq, msn, facebook and gadu-gadu besides offering skype.

The fact is that I have tried it on my E72 and I am not particularily impressed with it. Sounds to me that 3 UK is going to lose some customers. I think the reason why Skype took so long to release such application to the public was due to pressure from 3 UK. Think about it. 3 UK has been the dominating mobile provider to offer skype on their mobile devices for free. The problem with it is that with 3, you could not use skype to make local calls!

At the moment, I'm not really bothered about Skype launching their own Skype application for Nokia powered Symbian. This is because I do find that both Fring and Nimbuzz can do the same job as what Skype could do and I do believe that they are making headwave across the globe. Both Fring and Nimbuzz, especially Nimbuzz is the ideal chat programmes in the world!!! I am just hoping that Nimbuzz will also include QQ chat programme but it is something which they have to deal with the chinese company. If they could include QQ chat programme, they will be able to attract many chinese to use the programme.

If you would like to download skype for your Symbian powered Nokia devices, click here.

No comments: