Sunday 13 June 2010

England's World Cup Opening Match

I think many of you would have been very interested in watching England's opening match in the 2010 World Cup in Africa. I have to say that it was a good move by Steven Gerrard with his opening score against USA. Immediately we could hear the uproar and the happiness with so many English fans. People back home were really happy with the opening goal too.

However, at nearlty half time, it was a set back for the English fans when the score was at 1-1. I could not believe my very eyes that the English goalkeeper almost had the ball in his hands but it slipped and went into the net.

The second half of the match was insignificant as the players from the England squard was trying to score another goal but unfortunately they could not do so. It was such a shame as the English team could have performed much better.

I hope that they will score much better the next round then.

No comments: