Saturday 30 June 2012

" Tun, berehatlah..."

Lately, I have been keeping an eye on Malaysia Chronicle online news for more juicy entertainment than Voice UK. To me, I feel that Tun Dr. Mahathir has been given more limelight these days into his many political views and I read through many criticisms of his views by many people.

Personally, I feel that Mahathir should take a back seat and enjoy his life. I don't understand why he is still so active in politics. Is Mahathir sufficient to revive UMNO and BN? Oh well, I don't know if you ask me though. What you need to do is to reflect on the feedback given to him when he tried to provide his personal views on the modern Malaysian politics which includes key figures in the establishment of the "people power" in Malaysia.

First of all, take a look at this page and this page. What can you sum up in the end?

Secondly, I think we must not ignore what Tun has done for the country. With him, he was the spokesperson of Malaysia. Without him, I don't think Malaysia will be as famous as before. He was the person who started off Proton and Vision 2020 ( Although I am in doubt as to whether it will materialise). With him, the country had more visitors than ever.

Thirdly, we need to understand that this generation is not the same as his generation and he needs to understand that. These days every information is easily obtained although we need to be careful as to the truth of the information itself. While Tun can dwell on the past, I think we need to look into the future where a future which is bright and people are in employment and with less crime on the streets.

One question remains - Can the present coalition government achieve stability of the country?

No comments: