Saturday 2 February 2013

Google Nexus 7 - A few Months Onwards

After my initial posting on the Google Nexus 7, this article is designed to reflect on the usability of the small marvel after a few months on.

I have to admit that I have always set my eyes on the Google Nexus 7 since it was launched. This is true because I am impressed with the piece of engineering which made the tablet light, powerful under the hood and most of all, wallet friendly.

I don't think it is necessary for me to repeat the specifications of the great machine but I have to admit that the quadcore Tegra 3 is performing very well. I am saying this is because I have never had to reboot the device unless there is a need to do so particularly whenever there is an update to the device. This is crucial because the device will always be one of the first machines to receive the updates from Google since it runs on the vanilla Android OS.

The battery life on the Google Nexus 7 is pretty decent. I could use it for a week with just browsing the internet for online news or even play some youtube video clips. The menu speed is ever so fast so I don't have a problem with the delay in executing any command. The front camera is particularly useful as I will be able to use it to run video conferencing if there is a need to do so.

The best thing which derived from this device is the price. The 32GB wifi only model weighs in at £199 while the 32GB 3G and wifi model cost £229. It is still significantly cheaper than the Ipad Mini 32GB with 3G and wifi. I wonder why would people still want to buy the Ipad Mini instead. Perhaps there is a reason for it and the reason is because it is difficult to get hold of the Google Nexus 7 3G + Wifi in the market! This is such a great contrast to the Ipad Mini as it is widely available.

Personally I feel that the Google Nexus 7 tablet from Asus is definitely a good tablet and it will last for at least for another one to two years before there is a need to change again. Hey, who knows? One could stick with it until it breaks! The Nexus 7 is definitely a good buy.


No comments: