Monday 19 November 2007

A surprise!

I had the opportunity to speak to Peter last week. He was born in Malaya and spent his teens in Malaya. His family returned to UK just before the racial problems back in 1969. Since then, he has been in UK and have no intention of going back to Malaya. I have asked him a lot of questions particular the life in Malaya. His family stayed in Cameron Highlands before they returned to UK. It was such an interesting topic that I have spent about 90 minutes talking to him about his life in Malaya.


It will be a first time I have done an interview and I find it interesting! Well, he knows about the current problems back then ( racial discrimination and equality of distribution of wealth). He was saying that he liked the life in Cameron Highlands and his childhood days were marvellous.


However, his family felt a little bit uneasy particularly coming towards 1969 and they have decided to leave just in time before 13 May 1969. Oh yes, that was a good move but he told me that he liked Malaya and will soon visit his birth place when he gets a chance. He showed me some items which they have brought back from Malaya. Chest made of soild wood (high quality) and some antiques lay beside his bed made me think about the times that I was back home.


Ha! What an experience to have an adult conversation with Peter. God bless!

No comments: