Monday 3 December 2007

How typical!

I am really frustrated at my boss. One reason for certain is that I think he does not take me into serious consideration. What happened was that I have told him four weeks prior to me wanting to take two days off work. I told him four weeks before hand and for every single week that I see him I will just remind him. He will always say that it is alright and so on.


I would take the answer to be a 'yes' for me to take leave. Well, it is just for two days and nothing more. I was not asking for more days. What happened was that on the actual week that I was about to take leave, I asked him one more time and this time he hesistated. I think he did that due to the fact that he has forgotten about me wanting for a holiday for some time now and he was not fully prepared for it.


Well, I can just go ahead with the holiday which was planned and to think that everything is being sorted out. I did not do that. I called up the office and he was not there to take my call. I just call up to confirm that I will be taking the two days holiday.


Do you know what happened? When I got back from my holiday, I was being told that I was absent from work without planned!!! Could you imagine your most trusted boss telling you that? I was really disappointed with that sort of answer. I don't understand why is he so hard to approve my holiday? Besides, I have given him ample time to sort out staff availability!


In the end, I was told that I would have to work for the two days which was deemed a plan holiday for me. Otherwise I will not be paid. This is just disappointing. :(

No comments: