Sunday 13 July 2008

The Return

It has been such a long time since I last pen something over here. In fact, I have not forgotten to do it but it is just that I was down with flu and cold/hay fever for more than three weeks. Now that I have recovered, it is just the right time to move forward.


I would like to begin with more important issues affecting UK today. Yes, I am talking about knife crime. If you noticed, there is at least one victim per day for Londoners died or seriously injured as a result of knife crime. It may arise from street gangs or just that the victims were at the wrong place and at the wrong time. I do sympathise with the victim's parents or loved ones as such problems are very hard to tackle but I really hope that the government and everyone should play a part by minimising knife crime.


Secondly, I was quite shocked to hear that Malaysians might need a visa upon entering the UK as a result of many people who overstayed without approval. Rais Yatim will be in London coming Tuesday to persuade our UK counterpart not to impose such a ruling. I think people should be aware that we should be vigilant and hope that people are more responsible for their actions.

No comments: