Saturday 4 September 2010

Samsung Galaxy Tab

From the very first moment that I have noticed this beauty, I could not stop myself from admiring the sheer functions that is embedded in the device itself. I don't like to draw comparisons but I just could not help myself from doing it anyway. The new tablet from Samsung which is called the Galaxy Tab does have something to shout about. It puts designers and engineers at Apple to shame. Do you know why? Samsung could manage radio capabilities with two cameras but you can't have those on the IPad. Sad, isn't it?

Well, for Samsung, it is an achievement! They have managed to cram a few more things inside the Galaxy Tab than competitors. A good example will be the fact that you have a removable 4400mAH battery which will last you around 7 hours with one charge if it is being used sensibly. Another thing is that it comes with a 7" screen and so it is easily tucked away in your bag. It has an internal storage of up to 16GB with the option of installing more memory via external memory card of up to a maximum of 32GB.

The Galaxy Tab has Bluetooth and wireless capabilities. The best of all is that it runs on the Android Froyo 2.2 OS!!! That is just brilliant as one can use the Galaxy Tab as a wireless hub!!! It works on my Google Nexus One though. I am just waiting for it to be launched in the UK!!!

However, I do have reservations about the new device though. It is more expensive than the IPad. At a price of £699 for the 16GB model, i think I would most probably get the 64GB version of the IPad instead of the Galaxy Tab. Well, it is nothing personal but it is all down to preference. If you like the 10" tablet from Apple with Mac OSX, you will not give the IPad a miss. Other than that, the Galaxy Tab will be better suited for you.

Update:

07/09/2010: According to internet sources, the 16GB version of the Samsung Galaxy Tab will not cost £699 but around US$299. I wonder if the price is after carrier subsidising or not...

No comments: