Friday 27 January 2012

PhD

I am quite shocked to see most jobs will require applicants to have at least a PhD. This is quite shocking because it is not easy to obtain a PhD in nature. One would have to ensure that he/she has sufficient funds to last for the entire duration of his/her course (usually a full time PhD will take around 3 years while a part time PhD will take around 4-7 years).

Apart from having sufficient funds, it is also required that the PhD student is mentally capable to do the same research for the entire duration. This is an achievement which is very difficult to realise. However, never say never because if you have a will to proceed with the course, naturally there will be a way to complete the course.

Naturally timing is very important to complete a PhD. Ideally it will be much better if the PhD student were to have sufficient moral support throughout his/her studies as there will be no shortcut to achieving such a feast.

Personally, I am a big fan of someone doing a PhD. However, one could argue that there are more than just one route to obtain a PhD. You could do a research to obtain your PhD or you could also publish articles before applying for your PhD.

Having a 'Dr.' before your name is a privilege and I hope that I will be able to achieve it.

Wish me luck...

6 comments:

Joshua Lopez said...

You Have My Prayers & Best Wishes Always. When will you be completing it?

ぜるもう said...

Dear Joshua,

I don't know though. First of all, I need to ask around as to anyone can help me with the topic which I want to do a research on.

Joshua Lopez said...

Universities should evolve when it comes to this, meaning that they need to have a faculty of Academic Supervisors for PhD students & they need to be affiliated with PhD Supervisors around the world.

This is why Ms.Santhi opted to do her PhD in education with Asia E University, A full fledged University owned by the Malaysian Government in colloboration of 31 Governments of Asia. It's a Private University and she told me that she is impressed by their professionalism and guidance they give her.

ぜるもう said...

Dear Joshua,

Many thanks for the information. I have found a respectable university and I am now working on my proposal to be submitted to them. Fingers crossed!

p/s: The fees are reasonable!

Joshua Lopez said...

Faster obtain it! I can't wait to see the title on you! Fai Tit!!!

ぜるもう said...

Joshua, I would love to do it faster but I can't because it takes time.