Monday 4 March 2013

Samsung Galaxy S IV - Worth the Wait?

I keep myself busy in reading e-books but nonetheless, I am overjoyed to have stumbled upon a leaked information regarding the upcoming Galaxy S IV. Mind you, I am a fan of Samsung as of late. I think I am going through a phrase whereby I'm pretty sick and tired of the Iphone as it is similar to the predecessors while the Nokia is trying to do some serious catch up. Mind you, the Iphone 5 is a good piece of hardware. Coupled with the stunning and superb iOS 6, the stability and speed of the menu will keep many people happy and consumers will be very willing to pay more for an Iphone 5.

Apart from that, consumers have lots of choices when it comes to the apps on the iOS. Nobody will be able to deny that Apple has the most apps available for consumers to download at this moment. In addition to that, the front 1.3MP camera on the Iphone 5 does very good indeed under low light too. The only complain which I have is the screen size on the Iphone 5. It is nothing compared to the modern 2012 specification flagship mobile phones. Does it justify to buy an Iphone 5? Most probably yes. This is because the Iphone 5 would retain its value for at least 60% even you have used it for more than 6 months. 

On the other hand, the Nokia flagship, ie: Nokia Lumia 920, is heavy and loaded with Windows Phone 8 (WP8). While it is not the best looking phones around, it is one of the best featured WP8 phones around. I am truly impressed with the 4.5" screen with ClearBlackDisplay and High Definition plus and the 8.7MP digital camera with Pureview function. I am just not used to such a heavy phone as I have lost touch with the Nokia E90 for more than two years now. Presently, you can purchase a Nokia Lumia 920 for around £350 SIM FREE.

Samsung, on the other hand, is on the driving seat for the upcoming Samsung Galaxy S IV (SGS4)which will be launched on 14 March 2013 in New York. Presumably it has a 4.99" screen and all the specified hardware and software which were announced lately, I don't think I will stick to the SGS4 as it is just too big. While I can justify to have a 4.8" screen, having a 5" screen is just too big. I am only concern with the size of the screen which looks crazy when you are on the phone without using a headset. 

If the leaked information is true, it will mean that the SGS4 has the best specification on a mobile phone until now. Perhaps Apple will be cooking a customised ARM processor next?

Update:

19 June 2013

We now know that the Samsung Galaxy S4 is a formidable device. Samsung has just announced the Samsung Zoom and they might be releasing a Snapdragon 800 variant of the SGS4. I just could not wait to see the outcome when it is launched. It is also interested to know that Samsung will be releasing the next generation Samsung Galaxy range of mobile phones to include LTE- Advanced technology. I just could not wait for the launch of their new mobile devices!

25 June 2013

The Samsung Galaxt S4 LTE-A is launched in South Korea!!!

No comments: